What We Do
- The Mobile Film School is a highly collaborative, multi-disciplined media arts program.
- Administered and led by industry professionals, we take film & video education on the road, offering a series of workshops, on-going educational programming, and resources to rural and underserved communities.
- The Mobile Film School provides tools to encourage the creative process and a strong work ethic, fostering the next generation of filmmakers.
- Even if our students don't become filmmakers, Mobile film School's unique style can be a transformative experience full of life skills that can be applied to any vocation.
Why We Do It
- As digital technology plays an increasingly influential role in our global society, we believe young people must be media literate if they are to achieve success in today's marketplace.
- Teaching both narrative and documentary filmmaking skills, we strive to narrow the digital divide in lower income and rural communities by increasing access to the art and technology of filmmaking.
- Our total immersion style of teaching engages and supports students in taking a responsible role in a collaborative environment, often building self-confidence for the first time.
- By offering a wide variety of creative and technology-based programming, the Mobile Film School will foster future filmmakers who, frame by frame, will contribute to the America’s rich cinematic and cultural tradition.
Who We Serve
- Mobile Film School is committed to holding workshops in culturally and ethnically diverse locations in rural and underserved communities, including the juvenile justice system.
- We are dedicated to diversifying our faculty, staff and student mentor team.
- We serve those who are underrepresented in the film business, particularly underserved and at-risk youth.